Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tesia's carrots

So I was sitting at work last week, munching on Tesia's veggie largesse that she donated to us on her way out of town, thinking about how jealous I was to be stuck at work while Amy and Tesia were living it up in Maui. It looks like you are having such fun; can't wait to see more pics.

I said I couldn't go on the trip because my husband has been unemployed for a year and BOOM! The girls go to Hawaii and my husband just got a JOB (started today). Yay! So much stress relief for us.

Workout-wise...

Thursday I biked to the Evans pool in the rain, swam an alphabet's worth of laps (for some reason it's easier for me to keep track of letters than numbers) and then biked home in the rain and then took a shower. Too much water for me!

I can't wait to get back to real running. I've been deep-water running (took classes in NYC in the late 90's; see www.enhancesports.com/dwr.pdf), and getting on the elliptical, doing ankle and calf strengthening, researching shoes (I turned my ankle while in a 3 year old pair of trail runners, bad Amy), etc. etc. Nothing like the real thing though.

Has anyone tried the zero gravity shoes like Newtons or other low-heel shoes?

Anyway, it's hard to bear not running in the lovely springtime. I have a few upcoming trips to distract myself, but I think I may do a short easy run in Central Park when I hit NYC next week.

1 comment:

  1. If I'd known that Mat's employment was connected to my vacation schedule, I would have gone to Maui last May! I'm so happy to hear that Mat has a job and hope that you'll be able to join us on our fabulous vacation for fabulous 30-somethings.

    ReplyDelete