Saturday, March 20, 2010
Run Bike Switcheroo
I skipped my 20k race this morning to go on a bike ride in the sunshine. Lucky for me, because the weather has gone from sunny and 70 to rainy and 40 in a Seattle second. I rode with my friend Chris from his place in Kirkland up north toward Lake Stevens. He has a fancy GPS watch that records the distance and time and speed and elevation and heart rate data from the ride. Check out the elevation gain! I felt great on the uphills and am gaining some confidence on the downhills. I'm getting better at riding on my drops and staying relaxed when descending. I still use my breaks WAY more than I should. The cycleU mantra helps: "I will descend with confidence and speed." Saying it over and over helps distract me from my usual visions of hitting a bump and skidding on my face for 20 feet or some other horrible horror.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment