I've been sick since Tuesday and while I'm feeling a lot better, I have the voice of a 60 year old smoker. Pack a day. And I have the cough to match. To ensure that I'm 100% by the time I leave for Maui next Tuesday, I've prescribed myself an early bedtime and plenty of drugs.
I've already medicated for the night and my eyelids are getting heavy, but I wanted to contribute to our new blog! Thanks for making it happen Muggy! This is so fun! I love the title. Way to use the words "tri" and "train" and "NE Portland."
My weekend workout was sick (as in kickass) so I'm going to start with it. As a side note, this is not intended to one-up you Muggy. All you readers out there (Muggy), remember that I'm three months into training for a Tinman (Wildflower 1/2) followed by an Ironman (CDA), so my workouts are a bit longer than Muggy's day 1.
On Saturday, I met up w/ a group of runners training for the Boston Marathon - their goal time is 3:10-3:15, so they're a bit (ok, a lot) faster than me. Luckily there was a less fast girl there who ran the 6 mile tempo workout w/ me (average pace: 7:07 - pretty damn good, for me). Afterwards, we went to Super Jock and Jill and I rewarded myself w/ a super cute running tanktop (for Maui! and summer!). I was parked around the corner and ran into the parking police on my way back to the car, right after she wrote me a ticket. $#*#%! That was an expensive run. Oh well, it's the overhead cost of life, right?
On Sunday, I went for a 50 mile ride with Ironman Tricia and her husband, Ironman Jeff (note: in this blog, I will refer to anyone who has completed an Ironman as Ironman. I feel like they've earned the title). I was super happy to have company because I get lost on my own, or end up doing the same route (let's see, shall I do Mercer Island or Mercer Island?) all the time. This ride let me see new scenery, climb some new hills ("I was born to climb") and practice descending ("with confidence and speed"). More on my new hill-climbing mantra tomorrow.
At the end of the ride, changed my clothes and ran a slow easy loop around Green Lake. It wasn't exactly easy. I had a blister on my big toe and all I could think about was the pint of chocolate milk waiting in the fridge. Ggghhhmmmm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment