Friday, March 26, 2010

Aloha!

Everything everyone says about Maui is true. It IS paradise. This morning I ate pineapple on the lanai before our six mile run. My training is definitely falling off, but as long as I get a little run or think about running, I feel like I'm ok. Rachel and Amy and Nick joined me today. We headed South from Kihei toward Wailea and found a paved path that winds through the fancy resorts along the beach. Nick stopped after 2 miles - partly because his 5-toed shoes were giving him blisters on all sides of his feet, and partly to stop off and visit our cousin Molly and aunt Fran who were staying nearby. Amy, Rachel and I continued to the 30 minute mark before turning around. When we got back, I jumped into the pool to cool off and then we all headed to the nude beach. Nick got hit on by more than one guy; us girls were pretty much ignored.

Tomorrow we're driving the road to Hana and I'm contemplating running beforehand, but my hip is bothering me, so I might just sleep in. I think that biking and swimming help my hip from getting too bad - all I can really do here is run. My other two sports are paddling around on my boogie board and re-applying sunscreen and neither seem to be particularly helpful for me hip. I really wish I'd brought a tennis ball to roll on.

I signed up for a half marathon on Saturday, here in Maui. The last three miles are on the beach. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment