I've also been meaning to post for weeks now. I thought about posting about my 100 mile Tour de Cure ride. It was the coldest, rainiest most miserable ride of my life until yesterday, when I rode the IM Coeur d'Alene course. I was planning to ride two loops, to complete the full 112 miles, but my friends bailed after the first one because we were all soaking wet and chilled to the bone. I went out for a couple of shorter loops totaling 73 miles for the day and headed out for an 8 mile run. My feet thawed out after 15 minutes of running and I felt pretty good. I also learned that I LOVE sports beans. They're so salty and sweet and delicious.
Today, I ran another 18 miles, aiming to run an 8 minute pace, but my right hip flexor was screaming at me from mile 8 on and my pace slowly increased to about 8:40 by the end. Other than my legs hurting, I felt pretty good, but I could have used another Gu or two. I had a mint chocolate gu (yum!!) at mile 8 and pineapple gu (not so yum) around 11. I took a nice 2 hour nap after the run, but my legs are still tight and achy.
Tomorrow, I'm going to do another ride and then I'm heading back to Seattle where I will be signing a mountain of paperwork to become a homeowner with my brother!
I'm looking forward to my taper (which I starts next week, I guess) and to seeing Muggy in Portland or Seattle soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment