Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Getting there...

About a month left until my half IM!

I've been feeling good about my training lately, but also wishing I was getting in more time on the bike.

It was very inspirational to watch Tesia do the Ironman, and I've gotten great tips on nutrition. Doing the whole bike race route last weekend was a great workout and I learned if it's going to be that hot I need to drink more, and eat more regardless.

One of my college friends/post-college Brooklyn roomies just invited me to do the Texas IM with her next May but to be perfectly honest I currently have no urge to do the full IM just as I've never wanted to do a marathon. So much training, so much time. Plus, can't imagine myself in the 2.4 mile swim yet.

Last Friday I did my second 1.2 mile open water swim race of the summer, and I was excited to drop 8 minutes off my time. I'm still super slow but this means progress. June 11 time = 1:07 and July 9 time = 58 minutes!

This weekend has in store a Friday long run (my day off), and a race simulation Saturday consisting of Fat Salmon 1.2 mile open water swim, followed by 30-40 miles on the bike then whatever 30 minute-ish run I feel like. Maybe more run, maybe less.

My husband has his full body scan for cancer residuals tomorrow (he had thyroid cancer 2 years ago) so I guess it's a good thing I'm getting lots of chances to work off the stress of waiting for those test results...

No comments:

Post a Comment